Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice!!!

while back me and my mom got into a huge fight and she sent me to circles of care over false stuff. even therapist said i was mentally and physically stable!me and my mom still get into huge fights all the time and im sick of being home. she doesnt let me go anywhere or do anything. i have several people that have offered to let me live with them! im thinking about running away and she said if i ever runn away she will make my life a living hell.but my sister had the same problem. she always acts like this when she has a boyfriend. & my sister went threw the same stuff with her and my sister got pregnant and my mom kicked her out. i dont wanna have to go to court. but she wont take me to get my permit. she acts soo fake when dcf comes over. she makes herself look really good. and dcf belive her and look at me like im dumb! what should i do!!

re: need advice!!!

Hey there,

Thank you for being able to reach out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have been going through a pretty difficult time and we want you to know that we are here to listen and to help in the best way that we can. From what you shared, it sounds like home is a pretty stressful place and you are ready to leave.

We want to start off by letting you know that we are not legal experts here, meaning that we are only able to speak in general terms. In most states, if you are under 18, you would still technically be considered a minor. Meaning that if you were to leave home, your parents would be able to file a runaway report. If a runaway report is filed, and you were found, typically you would be forced to return home. Another thing you might keep in mind is that if you were to stay with a friend, their parents could potentially be charged with harboring a minor. The charges for that typically vary from fines to jail time. As we mentioned, we are not legal experts here, if you wanted to know more about what you can do legally, we highly encourage you to reach out to your local police department or to a legal aid in your area.

We hope that we were able to help you think a little more about your options and brainstorm some more with you, if you feel like you would still need some more support or go through some more options, please feel free to reach out to us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we are here 24/7. We also have a live chat service which is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck in whatever it is you decide to do and hope to hear from you soon.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X