Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to live with my father but my mother has custody.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to live with my father

so ive been with my mother my hole life and she has a husband now and hes the worst i cant stand it here i just want to get a job and a car to work on my career but they are holding me back and my dad is the only one who would help me so im thinking if i could live with my dad so i can actuality start my life a happy one

Comment

• ccsmod13
      ccsmod13 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are glad you reached out to us for help. Getting along with a new step-parent is very challenging and even more so if he is difficult and not supportive. You deserve a supportive home and to be considered.

You do have some options but the specifics depend on how old you are, where you live and some other details on the dynamics going on in your Mom’s house. We would like to talk to you more about all those details, help you come up with a plan that works for you, and get you in touch with the resources you need to support your plan.

You can contact us for a chat through our website or call our crisis hotline at (800) RUNAWAY to talk through all that. Both are available 24/7 and are completely confidential.

We hope to hear from you soon. Good luck.

• my mom is making me move to my dads and I wouldn’t like to. Yes today! Anyways, my dad is a drug addict, and achocolic. Yet, that’s the reason they spilit up. Yes I love my dad but he is not capable of being a good father since he didn’t have a good parenting hoods. And my mom makes my life miserable! I have no where to go. Can anyone help?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline Forum line. The situation you are in sounds very difficult and it’s unfortunate that you are going through it.

While no age is indicated in your message, it appears that you are probably still school-aged and there are laws for parents who walk away from the responsibility of raising their underage children. If you are able to, you may want speak to a relative or older sibling you are close to and explain the situation. Being really honest about your father’s behavior is important as it could put you into danger living with him. If that doesn’t work, I would encourage you to get back in touch with us using our Chat connection or via phone at 1-800-Runaway, both which are available 24/7 so there’s always someone for you to connect with. Here at NRS, we have resources in our database, which we can look into to possibly connect you to an organization near to where you live.

Even if the move has been made, it’s important that you let someone know if you find yourself in danger. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if we can be of assistance. Keep our contact information listed above with you! Good Luck to you!

• I want to live with my dad but my mom hates my dad and i am 16 and how can i live with my dad and my mom not get mad because i don't living at my house all my mom does is start arguments

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. Generally for custody cases like this your dad will need to initiate legal proceedings himself to gain full custody of you.
      We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      We hope to hear from you soon.
      Be safe, NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X