X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave home ASAP

I don’t want to stay at home.
    I’m 15 years old (16 in just over 2 months)
    i always feel isolated and invisible. My mum doesn’t understand me or the things I’m going through we don’t have a relationship. I’ve tried to kill myself twice and have self harmed multiple times. I just want to get away from my family. I want a new start.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out. It sounds like you're going through a really tough time right now, but you aren't alone in this. You aren't invisible. We are here to listen to you and help you. It seems like you don't have the relationship you want with your mom and you're not getting the support you want from her. It's important that you feel supported, even if it is not possible to get that support from your family. This could mean reaching out to friends, extended family, a school counselor, teacher, therapist or another adult you trust. We are always here to talk over the phone at 1800RUNAWAY.

Wanting a new start after everything you've been through is perfectly reasonable. We are always available to talk about what that may look like for you over the phone. In the meantime taking care of yourself is crucial. The national suicide prevention line is (1800)273-8255 and their website is suicidepreventionlifeline.org. If you are suicidal please reach out to them. Self-harm is really serious but there are resources you can turn to. twloha.com is a resource for those that self harm.

Thank you again for reaching out. We are always here to talk through options with you at 1800RUNAWAY or chat through our website 24/7.

-Nrs
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X