Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On probation ...and ran away from a grouphome

I am a 16 year old on probation for vandalism and when I got out I went to a group home and I stayed in that group home for like a month wrestling I've been gone for 5 months and I don't want to go to jail but I don't know what to do and I'm worried because I'm happy where I am and I'm doing good things in my life and I know when I turn 17 I might have to go back to jail and face the facts but I don't want to but if there's any other options please tell me...thank you

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are feeling happy, but that your future holds some big unknowns that worry you. It must be scary to be turning 17 and possibly having to face the facts, as you put it. You are brave to have reached out for help as you think through all this.

It seems like leaving the group home was right for you at the time. Perhaps staying with friends and family to remain safe and off the streets might help you continue down the path of happiness and doing good things. Friends and family might also serve as helpful emotional support during this time. We are not legal experts at the National Runaway Safeline, but if you were to call us at 1-800-RUN-AWAY, we might be able to set you up with some Legal Aid services in your location that can answer your more specific questions about your probation. We are a 24/7 hotline and are always here to help. Calling could also allow you to outline your pressing needs, so that we might be able to offer more specific resources that respond to your current situation.

In any case, writing to us was a very mature and brave step in your process. You fears and worries are valid, and deserve to be heard. Your present happiness can continue with your effort to seek safety and peace for yourself, as you have done. As always, you can reach out to us again at any time. Good luck.

Sincerely,
    National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X