No announcement yet.

Im 16 year old and want to move away from my dad

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod16
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS for assistance. It can difficult witnessing violence to those close to you and taking care of yourself in a home setting where you have little to no support. You deserve to live with people who will help you and be there for you when you need. We will attempt to answer your questions, but if you need further assistance do not hesitate to reach out to us through our online chat or call us toll free at 1.800.786.2929. We are here to help and available 24/7.

    Regarding your father’s guardianship, while we are not legal experts, if he was honest and is willing to relinquish his rights you should not have any problems with the transfer of custody. This transfer can be completed officially through court proceedings or your father and the other adult can come to an agreement outside of court. In the latter, it would be best to make sure the details are ironed out and it is all put to text, with signatures and a notary’s seal. For more in-depth and detailed information regarding the transference of custody, you can contact a local attorney’s office.

    You a very mature, wanting to understand all the facts about this process. You deserve to live in a stable and supportive household and we wish you the best. And please do not hesitate to contact us through our chat or 24/7 hotline. We are here to listen, here to help.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Im 16 year old and want to move away from my dad

    Im 16 year old and want to move away from my dad

    ( what i can do and cant do according to the laws of the state of california) and what do i need to do ( i already have somebody who willingly to be responsible for me - a guardian ) and my dad also told me he will be happy to release custody of me but i still wanna know because sometimes he lies to people. what can i do as a 16 year old in the court ? without having myself go into the system because there’s already somebody who will be able to take care of me even better than my dad rn. he also was reported to the police as a threat to my aunts family and used violence to my mom several times when i was little, he has never been in my life. Now i have a boyfriend and he tryna make me look bad to his family just because he thought my boyfriend reported him neglecting me to a social worker. i just wanna get away from my dad legally and put an end to the relationship between me and my dad. thanks for the attention
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp