No announcement yet.

Moving out

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving out

    I’m 15 and my parents are mentally abusive and I told my school but they won’t do anything and my boyfriends family offers for me to live with them but my parents said no what can I do to be able to leave my parents house but go where I feel comfortable and safe

  • #2
    Hi there and thank you for reaching out to us. People do not deserve to feel abused in their own homes and we commend your courage and strength for doing the difficult thing and contacting us. If you are being abused, Child Help, reachable at and 1-800-422-4453, is the national child abuse hotline and they can help you file a report as well as see what that process might look like. Unfortunately, because you are a minor, you cannot stay in someone else’s home without your parents’ permission. If you did run away, it would not be illegal, but instead it would be considered a status offense. This means it would not go on your permanent record and you would not be arrested if you were found, only taken home. However, your parents, if they felt inclined to, could press charges against whomever you were staying with for harboring a runaway and take them to court. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at our 24/7 hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY, and on chat at Take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp