No announcement yet.

Runaway help

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Runaway help

    Hello my name is Jacey I’m going to runaway I live in Michigan and need help I have an emotional support dog and her letter but I don’t think a shelter will take it I can’t live with my mom An her boyfriend because she got me fired an we fight all the time her boyfriend thinks all I’m good for is getting pregnant and she don’t trust me she has alarms on all the doors and cameras in the house I’m not aloud to leave the house unless I’m going with her or to school I feel like I’m in prison she goes threw all my stuff I’ve only ever had a friend over once cuz I’m scared to invite one over my father is not in the picture he has not been since I was little he is a sexafender and a drug dealer I can’t stay with him either idk what to do anymore I want to finish school but I don’t feel safe in my own home to do that so I need to leave weather I finish school or not I also need a job an a place to go idk what to do PLZ HELP

  • #2
    Hi, thanks for reaching out today. It sounds like home is stressful and maybe unsafe. We are here to help in any way we can.
    We want to make sure your are safe. If you are unsafe at home, Child Help can provide more info on abuse and neglect--1-800-422-4453, We can also help you make an abuse report if that is what is going on.

    In terms of running away, we are not legal experts, but usually you have to be 18 in most states to leave home without permission. We can help you locate shelters and safety plan with you if you decide to leave. Call or chat with us anytime to talk through all your options.
    One resource you may consider given your situation is Since your animal is registered, hypothetically any shelter would have to allow you to have the animal. Though we are not legal experts and cannot say for sure how this works.

    It sounds like home is really isolating and restrictive and that that has been harmful to you. That makes sense that you feel so confined and imprisoned. We are here to talk 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 or chat on our site!

    You have shown a lot of strength. Best of luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    • #3
      Thank you I will keep in contact Ik u can leave at 17 in the state of Michigan but it counts as a runaway I would need help finding a shelter but at the same time I don’t no how to finish school An leave


      • ccsmod15
        ccsmod15 commented
        Editing a comment
        We are glad you reached out here for help. We are here 24/7 to help you find resources like shelters. We are not legal experts but in general, at 17 in MI, you can be filed as a runaway until you turn 18. Just something to be aware of!
        As far as school, even if you leave, there are resources to help you finish school. The Homeless Education Helpline is a resource for info on that: 1-800-308-2145

        Please reach out via phone or chat to continue talking about your situation.
        Last edited by ccsmod15; 09-08-2018, 11:09 PM.
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove