Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel stuck

Where do I start? I'm 16 turning 17 in October. Living here with my mom and my dad and my three brothers is kinda...bad. I feel really sad when I'm in this house and generally it comes from observing and comparing my family to other families. Recently I left the house because I got into a huge fight with my mom. She's really controlling and refuses to listen to me or my brothers. She's immature, arrogant, paranoid, unloving, egocentric, narcissist, and abusive. Well I left the house about three weeks ago and spent two weeks with my friend and his family at their house. I had the best two weeks of my life. The family was so supportive and I talked to them and they were willing to have me live there. I know it sounds weird but for clarification, they meant that I would LIVE there, all inclusive. Anyway, my two weeks there were amazing but I realized that running away wouldn't solve anything and if I was gonna move in somewhere else I would need to talk to you parents officially. So the past week I've been here at my parents house with my Bros and they've both given me consent to live with my friend and it's all good because my friend's mom says of course as well. I know, that in my heart I want to move out. I know that I can be a much more successful person over there and much happier but, I feel stuck here. It seems like an overwhelming step but I know I wanna do it. I need to talk to a third person to help me figure things out.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 08-25-2018, 05:57 AM.

Reply: Where do I start? I'm 16 turning 17 in October.

Hello,
    Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It sounds like even though you have your parent’s permission to go live with a friend and their family you are struggling with taking the next step.
    Some decisions such as this are tough, but it’s good that you are thinking it through. Good for you. We are here to listen and here to help. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.

If you would like to talk more about your situation, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Take care,
    NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X