Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runaway

I turn 16 in 2 months. I am in dhs custody and have been for 3 years with a relative. I live in oklahoma. I plan on running away, ive made up my mind. I was just wondering what will happen when I do? If the cops get involved how long will they look for me? can I do this successfully?

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are not legal experts, but we can tell you that because you are a minor, if you leave home and your guardian files a runaway report, you could be returned home. They would continue to look for you until you were found depending on the actions taken by your relative. There could also be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. If you want a liner to help you walk through other options like us mediating a conference call between you and your guardian about your feelings, thinking through possible adults that you could turn to or could advocate for you, or things like emancipation and legal aid numbers, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X