No announcement yet.

Taking in a minir

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Taking in a minir

    Hi. I am a mother of two teenage boys. One of my boys has a friend who does not have a good home life. What are the legal ramifications of having him come and live with us? His grandmother has full custody of him and she has already said she would have no trouble with him living with us. We live in New Hampshire. Thank you

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. Thanks for your consideration in taking in your son's friend when his home life isn't going well. We aren't legal experts, but from what we know, if his legal guardian has given him permission to stay with you, there is not legal ramifications to that. It may be good to get the permission in custody or looking into transferring guardianship for future legal aspects where he would need to have, like going to school, or getting a job, or filing for license. We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can. Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Our hotline ( 1-800-RUNAWAY) and chat are open 24/7.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif