X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and wants to go to another school

Hello,
    I am 16 and I've ran away for about 2 months now I found a place to live for 300 a month.I live in the state Georgia and the law against runaways is rough. I'm wanting to go to a different school because im scared of the school that I go to know it gives me severe depression. The school that i want to go doesnt. How do I move schools without my parents getting involved.

Hello there,
    Thank you for reaching out to NRS. We are sorry to hear about your struggles, and that your present school is deeply unpleasant for you. It sounds like you are trying to best you can to further your education; everyone has the right to access education, and you seem to have an idea of what would work best for you.

The McKinney-Vento Act entitles you to an education if you are an unaccompanied minor. The National Center for Homeless Educational Helpline (1-800-308-2145) could give you more information about what steps you would need to take.

For other resources and support, feel free to call our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or use our Live Chat.

We hope this information was helpful and take care.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X