No announcement yet.

17 and have permission to move

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17 and have permission to move

    Hi I am 17 years old and attend school in Texas and live with my father. My father has given me permission to move out and attend school in Arizona residing with a family friend. What all would I need to do to enroll into that school and make things legal till I turn 18 in a month?

  • #2

    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. While we are not legal experts here at the Safeline, we can provide some general information regarding your situation. Given that you are not yet 18, you may need formal permission from your Dad (as legal guardian) stating awareness and consent for enrollment in your new school. However, the best source of information for policies like this would be the school itself. If you or your father are willing to reach out to the school, they may be able to provide more clarity. Also, the NCHE (National Center for Homeless Education) runs a helpline that could be a great resource as well. You can reach them at 1-800-308-2145. If you would like us at NRS to conference/facilitate/listen in on those calls, provide more options, or chat about what’s going on, don’t hesitate to give us a call too. We’re here for you 24/7 and are willing to help in any way possible. We wish you only the best.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif