Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would happen if I runaway from home at age 15 because of childabuse

What would happen if I run away from home. I’m currently living with my parents and they have been emotionally and physically abusing me and threatening to ruin every part of my life. I can’t handle this anymore and if I do not leave this house I am planning suicide as my next option. So please I need to know if I run away, and if the police finds me, can they bring me back home?(I already have a safe place to live from a old friend of mine) I also need to know do I get any saying if I do not want to return to my house anymore with the police once they find me, or will they force me to go back? Can child protective services get involved to help me?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that you are being abused at home. Abuse is never okay, you don't deserve to be treated that way. If you feel as though you are in immediate danger, we encourage you to contact the police. You have the right to report the abuse. You could contact CPS or Child Help (1-800-422-4453) to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. It sounds like you fear that suicide may be the next option if you don't leave your home. Although you are going through a tough time, you are not alone. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (1-800-273-8255) is a great resource for support. We are not legal experts so we can only provide you with general information. If you decide to runaway your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home, unless you tell them that you don't feel safe at home. Running away isn't against the law but if you were to stay with a friend, they could get charged with harboring a runaway. We hope that this information helps, if you have any questions please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X