No announcement yet.

I need to move out and emancipation takes too long

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to move out and emancipation takes too long

Hi I'm 16. I really want to move out ASAP. My parents are going crazy and they're surprisingly not on drugs :/ I take care of my sisters most times as if I'm their mother and the stuff they think is going on because of their psychosis they now think I am involved in it too. There are other reason I'd like to move out but in Florida can I leave without parental Consent and live with either a relative or a close friends family who would be willing to adopt me without my parents consent. I want to continue going to school but if I just ran away I couldn't because my parents would bring me back and I'd be in so much trouble if I ran away and they found me
    I would attempt to get emancipated but my parents would never consent, it takes too long and that's if Florida would even grant me it.

Hello there –

Thank you for reaching out to us here on our public forum. From what you have told us about your situation it sounds like there is a lot of conflict at home between you and your parents. It’s unfortunate that they don’t see the work that you put into the household for your siblings. That’s always frustrating when you don’t get recognized for something, especially when you feel like you’re doing it to be helpful. Now you’ve asked a question that has been answered many time on this public forum so we are going ask that you follow the link (https://bulletinboards.1800runaway.o...new-york-state) and read the information on post #3 and #3.1, as it is the same information that you need. We realize that you have stated that you are in Florida and this post is from New York, but the information is the same. We can only give general legal knowledge since we are not legal experts here. If you have more questions about changing custody, it might be best to reach out to your local Child Protective Services or your county juvenile court.

We hope this information helps!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response and attempting to help in the ways that you can I appreciate you taking time from your day to help me out and all but emancipation isn't really an option bc my parents would never consent to it thank you for trying though I appreciate it again have a wonderful day

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X