No announcement yet.

I want to leave

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I want to leave

    I want to leave home and move somewhere else but the people I live with have legal guardianship over me and my mom does not, I don't like my grandmother because she calles me greedy for good reasons, I am. I ask for stuff and I feel like I'm a bad kid because of it. She never agrees with me and says no to most things I ask, I think because she doesn't like me, but she loves me at the same time. I don't want to be apart of this family anymore because of this. I don't want to go through the steps of being emancipated and I'm 14. What do I do? I live in Mississippi

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that you don't have a good relationship with your grandmother. You don't deserve to be called names. It sounds like you are thinking about becoming emancipated. In most states, a person has to be at least 16 to petition for emancipation. You could try asking your grandmother if she would allow you to stay with another family member. You may also want to consider contacting Child Help (1-800-422-4453) to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. If you have any other questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp