No announcement yet.

Can I report abuse from another state?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
    Super Moderator

  • ccsmod10
    Hi there,

    Thanks for reaching out to NRS on behalf of your friend!

    It sounds like his home life is really unsafe and unstable. You’re being very loyal for looking out for his wellbeing. You are always able to report his father for abuse. Child Help, is the national child abuse hotline. Their phone number is (800) 422-4453 and their website is

    We’re always here to talk to your friend if you’re able to pass along our information to him. We’re open 24/7 and we’re confidential, so we won’t ask any identifying information if he calls or chats with us. Again, thank you for reaching out on behalf of your friend.

    Best, NRS

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic Can I report abuse from another state?

    Can I report abuse from another state?


    I am a minor the Midwest, and I’m wondering how I can report abuse for someone that lives in the South.

    My froend is abused by their father and refuses to seek out help. Their father is/was a police officer. My friend is also an adult, however, their father is constantly checking on all of their things and takes their money, so he cannot save up to move out.

    I would ask my guardian for help, however, she would not understand, and would tell me to no longer contact my friend. I also have no trusted adults around me who I could reach out to with this information.

    I know that as my friend is an adult, they are able to make their own choices, but I am seriously concerned for their mental state, and the fact they have repeatedly shown hatred for their father, living situation, and life. I am scared they will attempt, and commit, suicide.

    I know their county, and I know the contact information for the county courthouse. But I am scared that they will hate me for reaching out and making the situation even worse.

    Their father has repeatedly ignored rules and laws for the sake of his own comfort. My profile on him is this;



    -Shows high levels of favoritism

    -Physically, Sexually, Emotionally, and Verbally abusive

    I don’t know how much longer my friend can survive him.

    Can I reach out to his county?

    Can and will they do something about this?

    Thank you.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif