X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal confusion

hello.
    I am 3 months away from being 18. I live in California. My home life is very stressful..but unlike most families. I am te reason it's falling apart. I need to move out and help alleviate the stress of my family.
    I am hoping to move out within a week or so of my birthday.
    i was wondering if there was any legal bounds that hold me to staying at home. Even when I am 18.
    As well as if I can still attend highschool. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are not legal experts, but generally speaking once you are 18 you are considered a legal adult and can leave your home. If you wanted to make sure, you could reach out to your local police and ask questions about your rights. You can still attend high school as well. If you need help enrolling in a new school or have questions about staying in school, you can reach out to a school counselor and file new paperwork or contact the National Center for Homeless Education Helpline at 1-800-308-2145.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X