No announcement yet.

running away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • running away

    So I'm 17 turning 18 in 3 months and my boyfriend is 25, big age difference I know. Anyway him and his grandma is planning a trip to New York and they want me to go with them (we live in California) for 2 weeks. My parents said no but i want to go anyway. What could happen if i do just leave anyway? We'd have to take an airplane

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear that your parents won't allow you to go on the trip with your boyfriend and his grandmother. If you decide to leave without your parents permission, they have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal but, your boyfriend could get charged with harboring a runaway. However, some police do not accept runaway report for 17 year old's. You could contact your local police to ask about their runaway policy. We hope that this information helps, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif