Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17, going about leaving a guardian back to dads with joint custody.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17, going about leaving a guardian back to dads with joint custody.

I currently live at my sister’s (and joint legal guardians) home. I have recently turned seventeen and am going into my senior year in high school. I have become overwhelmed by the responsibilities that are given to me at my sisters house and would like to know if there is a legal way to go about moving back into my dad’s residence (as he also has legal custody of me). I know living in South Carolina, I am able to move out at my age, but what are the guidelines on leaving one home and entering another? My dad is completely on board with any decision I make, but wants to be cautious. Any help or advice given would be SO helpful.

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that things aren't working out with your sister. We are not legal experts so we cannot say for sure what the guidelines are. Since your dad has custody as well, there may not be an issue with you living with him. You could try having your dad talk to your sister about the possibility of you living with him. You may want to contact legal aid for more specific information. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to get information on how to transfer custody as well. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929).
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X