No announcement yet.

Moving with parents consent

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moving with parents consent

    I was wondering if I could move to Nevada, Las Vegas and live with my boyfriend and his uncle for a couple years and come back to Hawaii with both parents' consent. What forms and papers would be need for me to be able to go to school there? Guardianship?

  • #2
    Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

    It sounds like you are looking to move with your parents' consent. We are not legal experts but we can speak generally. It is legal for you to stay in any safe place that your legal guardian gives you permission to stay at. If you need assistance enrolling in school your guardian can give the adult you are staying with temporary guardianship; which generally looks like getting a temporary guardianship form signed and notarized by both parties. If you are looking to talk to a legal expert about your situation, we can look for legal aid resources local to you if you call or chat us.

    Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you need anything else. Again, we are not legal experts or experts on custody issues, but we are always here to support you.



    We hope this information is helpful. Tell us what you think about your experience!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif