No announcement yet.

Places to go that will not contact parents

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Places to go that will not contact parents

    Hi, I'm currently 17 and I'm turning 18 in a month. I'm living with my sister and her husband and they are moving to another state and forcing me to go with them, even though I already have a place to stay here and college already set up. I'll be staying with them for at most 22 days and at least 8 days but the problem is that they are going to make me pay over $200 dollars to get back after that period once I'm 18. I obviously don't want to do this because I don't want to go out in the first place. I need to run away and go under the radar for at most 22 days and I was thinking of staying at a shelter, but if they have to contact the parents I can't do it, I can not risk getting caught. Where can I go that will not contact parental guardians?

  • #2
    Hi there,

    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear about the situation you are in and would want to help the best that we can. If you were to give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 we could look up shelters for you in your area. It is correct that some would ask for parental consent, so you would just need to call them and ask if they require that or not or we can call out with you to help with that.

    Let us know how we can best help,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif