X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod2
    replied
    Thank you for contacting us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the issues that you are having with your family. You don't deserve to be treated that way. It sounds like you are thinking about staying with your teacher. If you were to leave home without your parents permission, they have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they may return you home. Running away isn't illegal but your teacher could get charged with harboring a runaway. However, some police do not accept runaway reports for 17 year old's. You could contact your local police through their non emergency phone number to ask about their runaway policy. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is also a great resource to explore your options and get information on how to transfer custody. Please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you have any questions or just want to talk.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Leave a comment:

• Im 17, teacher offered me place to stay but afraid it can go bad for her

I'm 17, I'm turning 18 in september 5 and am for California. During the past 6 years I had problems with my family nothing physical or anything like that but I just don't feel accepted as part of the family. Every day is just a negative comment or how my younger sisters are better than me and how everything I do disappoints everyone. No matter what I do it's always the same thing. i decided that I'm not going to take more of that and I'm living the day after graduation. One of my teachers offered me a place to stay but I'm afraid it can affect her in a negative way if they find out where I'm staying. For example my parent having them arrested or coming up with false argument like I'm sleeping with her because that's the kind of things they would do if something doesn't go the way they wanted
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X