Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving out over the summer

Hey, so I'm 16 and I live in Washington. And i have a summer job offer I want to take working a food truck and moving around the state and I could make some really good money, but my parents don't want me to. Is it legal if I go ahead and do it anyway or would that count as a minor running away from home?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand that it takes courage to seek help. Congratulations on your job offer! We are sorry to hear that your parents don't want you to take the job. We are not legal experts, however if you decide to leave home without your parents permission they have the right to file a runaway report. Running away isn't against the law but if the police find you, they may return you home. If you have any other questions or just want to talk, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X