Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runaway

if i were to run off and leave without my dads permission can he forcefully take me back i am tired of living there and i have a friend and his family have given me a room i just need to be free to get there can i be forcefully taken back if i voluntarily left and went and lived with my friend and his family.

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you're going through a lot at home and it sounds like you're enduring a lot of stress. We're not lawyers, but to our understanding, your father can have you returned home by the police if he files a runaway report to the police on your behalf, and if the police are able to find you. Whether or not your father can forcibly bring you back is another story, and something we don't hear about that often. You might want to call the non-emergency police in your city to ask them if this is legal, or you can call us at 1-800-786-2929 in order to have us call the police on your behalf.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X