No announcement yet.

Friend kicked out? Not sure what to do.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friend kicked out? Not sure what to do.

My best friend and I are both 18, seniors in high school. She sent me a message over an hour ago asking to stay over tonight because her parents kicked her out. (Which surprised me; I know they're super strict about certain things, but they've also been pretty supportive of their children , but that's besides the point.) I said yes and she still hasn't shown or replied to another message I've sent her.
    I'm hoping that they just worked things out and went to bed or something, but it's been a while since I've heard anything. Not sure what to do, I'm just hoping she didn't drive off somewhere alone or something.
    ​​​

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your friend's parents kicked her out. It sounds like you are concerned about your friend. It seems like you care about her a lot. Your friend may have worked things out with her parents or found another safe place to stay. You could try contacting your friend in the morning to see if she is okay. If you still haven't heard from her or she doesn't show up to school you could try contacting her parents. Another option that you have is contacting the local police to see if they could do a welfare check on your friend at her home. We hope that this information helps, if you have any other questions or just want to talk please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Originally posted by ccsmod2 View Post
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that your friend's parents kicked her out. It sounds like you are concerned about your friend. It seems like you care about her a lot. Your friend may have worked things out with her parents or found another safe place to stay. You could try contacting your friend in the morning to see if she is okay. If you still haven't heard from her or she doesn't show up to school you could try contacting her parents. Another option that you have is contacting the local police to see if they could do a welfare check on your friend at her home. We hope that this information helps, if you have any other questions or just want to talk please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: We care what you think
      thank you so much for responding. She just replied a fee minutes ago and said she worked things out for the moment. Again, thank you so much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X