help is needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help is needed

Hi I’m idk I’m 15, I stopped going to school I got involved with cps went on probation got 26 violations pleaded guilty to my violation got sent to residentials ( facilities) I’m under custody of Nassau department of social services me and my moms relationship in the past was horrible but it’s very great now I love her she’s my best friend she wants me home really bad & I want to go home is there anything my mom could do to take me out the care system or can I ? I ran away from my facility and make a plan

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing about your situation. It is hard to say since we don’t have a lot of information about the foster care system, but for the most legal route, it would be good to reach out to your casework and see how your mother could “prove” that she is capable of caring for you and see if there is a plan that could be created for a transition out of foster care to the care of your mom.
    We are here for you and will support you in anyway that we can.

Please feel free to call into us directly as we can talk further about your situation and find resources that are best for you in your area. Stay strong and you are not alone in this! Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY we are open 24/7.

-NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X