Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away from my group home

I don't want to be at my group home any more and my case manager won't move me. Can I still enroll in school if I runaway?

RE: Running away from my group home

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a tough situation. It sounds like you want to leave your group home, and you are concerned about continuing your education. You might be able to enroll in a new school if you run away, but there is a good chance that the school will notify your case worker of where you are. You might consider calling the school you want to go to and asking a counsellor what you would need in order to enroll yourself. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We can help talk over your plan and help you stay safe, and give you resources that could help you. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: Running away from my group home

I need help very bad please somebody help

Comment

Re: Re: Running away from my group home

Hi there,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We’re here to help you as much as we can, in whatever way that we can. If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat or email) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

Please don’t hesitate to call or chat with us so that we can speak in more detail about your specific situation. We’re here to support you the best that we can!

Best,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

What if you did accedental destruction of property and run away

Comment

• ccsmod6
            ccsmod6 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline! It sounds like you may have some legal questions, and although we are not legal experts here, we do know that these laws can differ state to state. To answer some of these questions, you might want to visit www.usacops.com and click on the state you are in to get a resource for your area. If this does not sound like something you are comfortable doing, you can call us here any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) to talk to one of our trained crisis line workers, and we can refer you to some other resourses that may be able to better answer your questions!

If I runaway from my grouphome and the police find me what will happen?

Comment

• ccsmod9
            ccsmod9 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello there,
            Thanks for posting on the National Runaway Safeline forum.
            We’re not legal experts here, but as long as you are considered a minor (typically under 18 years old) your group home and/or caseworker would have the right to call the police to report you as a runaway. The police would likely return you to the group home.
            It sounds like things might not be going well for you right now. Sometimes having the space to vent about your situation or exploring options that might be available to you can be helpful. We’re here 24/7 if you ever wanted to talk about what’s going on
            Please consider giving us a call here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or trying out our Live Chat right here on this site.
            Thanks and hope to hear from you soon,
            NRS

I am thinking about running away from a group home. I am 34 years old. If I am gone 48 hours and I am no harm to anyone or myself what can the police officers do if I am in a safe place.

Comment

• ccsmod3
            ccsmod3 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there, Thanks for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline and sharing a little bit about what is going. It takes a lot of courage to reach out and especially in a time where you have a really tough and complex situation. If you call in to 1-800-RUNAWAY we could can discuss more in detail how we can best support you through this situation. Stay strong! You are not alone in this and we are here 24/7.
            -NRS

Im turning 17 in augest and im a wall but i wanna go back wit my mom but they said i couldnt because i went a wall

Comment

• ccsmod13
            ccsmod13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at NRS. It sounds like you are not currently in the custody of your mom, but you want to be able to live with her. This must be a really tough spot to be in and it can be frustrating when you don't feel yo have much control in a situation.

We truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time. We would like to talk more with you so that we can better understand your situation and help you discover your options. Our email and Bulletin services are different in that we can only respond twice. If you would like to talk more in detail about your situation and receive immediate help, we encourage you to reach out to us through our hotline at 1-800-786-2929 or use our live chat services at 1800runaway.org (click on the CHAT button on our website homepage).

We look forward to hearing from you soon so that we can help,
            NRS

So I was wondering if I leave clothes at the group home and ran away do I get the clothes back if I tell somebody to get them or do they keep them and donate them?

Comment

• ccsmod1
            ccsmod1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to NRS. While we can’t speak for all shelters, generally your personal belongings may be kept for a period of time before being donated/discarded. It may be best if you call the shelter or have your friend call the shelter and ask about their specific policy to find out about the status of your personal belongings.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can help with!

You can reach us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7, and are always happy to listen and to help.
            NRS
        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X