Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate living with my "parents"

My grandpa and step grandma are so mean to me.I want to live with my mom or grandparents but my grandpa and step grandma wont let me!!!

Hello there, thanks for reaching out today.

Sounds like you are wanting to move in with your mom or grandparents because of the way your grandpa and step grandma treat you. That seems like a difficult situation and here at NRS we truly want to help.

It is hard to say if you can or cannot live with your mom or other grandparents because it depends on who your legal guardian is. Generally, your legal guardian can give you permission to live elsewhere. You might try to ask your mom and other grandparents if you can live with them first to see what they would say. If your grandpa is your legal guardian, maybe one them could help talk to him about you moving in with them.

If you haven't already, you might let your grandpa and step grandma know how them being mean affects you. You deserve to be heard. Here at NRS, we have a conference call service if you would like to have an advocate on the phone with you to help mediate that difficult discussion. Please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY for that service.

If we knew a little more about your situation, you might be able to brainstorm more options for you. Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you ever need. We are here to listen, here to help.

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think.

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X