No announcement yet.

17 and got kicked out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm 17 and my mom wants me out of the house. She doesnt want me in her house anymore. I'm scared and dont know what to do. I recently dropped out for being bullied to much and wanted to get away from that. There is a shelter for kids but it's for a few night stays. I have 24 hours. My family isn't abusive, they say mean things, but I dont know. I am scared. I have no money, no where to go, no way to contact anyone. I've tried to find a place but there isn't any luck. Please help me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      We're so sorry to hear your mom wants to kick you out and you're having such a rough time at home and with school. Just so you know, your mom cannot legally kick you out of the house as a 17 year old. If she attempts to do this, that would be considered parental neglect and you could file an abuse report. In fact, even after you turn 18 your mom is responsible for housing you at least until you graduate high school (as long as you are making an effort toward that goal). Those are just some facts you should know.

We would like to help out further but need to know a little bit more about your situation in order to do that. The best way we can help is if you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us via our website, www.1800runaway.org. We are here 24/7 and are totally confidential and non-judgmental. We have a large database of resources that we might be able to connect you with: shelters, counselors, transitional living programs, health care providers, and so on.

You don't deserve to be mistreated like this. That's pretty rough. But you don't have to face this alone. We are here to listen, here to help. We hope you call or chat with us soon.

Take care,
      NRS

hi im 17 i live in the area of mcallen but i got nowhere to stay at and its urgent cause im still going to school i go to mchi but its so difficult for me even to get a job i need help urgent.

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello There,
      Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It seems like you are in a difficult situation right now and we are sorry to hear that.
      We would need to know the state and city to best help you with finding shelters. You could always look at National Homeless Shelter Directory.org, and they would have a list of shelters in your area.
      We hope this information may be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support. Best of luck!
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X