X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Advice

17 - NY
    I don't want to return home but my mom really wants me to. I don't want to return unless her husband is out of the picture she doesn't think she'd win custody of the kids 4-9. He is constantly verbally abusive yells a lot calls the kids retards etc, diagnosed as bipolar, and in 2013 told me to go kill myself - never reported.
    1. Is there a case there for her to be able to win the kids?
    2. Is there a way for me to get out?

Legal Advice

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.

We wish could answer the questions you posted but unfortunately we are not legal experts and cannot give you any presumptions of an out come to this situation.
    We can however try to assist you with locating legal aid services in your area where you might be able to get some help answering your questions.

It sounds like an awful position for you or any of your family to be in. No one deserves to be abused. There are laws to protect against child abuse.
    To report child abuse you can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 you will be connected with your state or county Child Protective Service Agency.
    Does that sound like something you might consider?

Being that we are mandated to report child abuse NRS can also take and file child abuse reports.
    You can give us a call at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org (NRS live chat) to speak to someone about your situation and explore some options.

We hope that things come to a positive solution and we appreciate you reaching out for information.

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X