Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need information

Hi my name is Hunter and I live in California. Ever since I can remember I've lived in a very hectic and angry environment. My house is constantly full of yelling and fighting not only with me but my other family members aswell. I'm 17 and won't be 18 for almost another year but I need to get out of my house. I'm a recovering addict and regularly attend NA meetings, I'm working full time and attend a charter school twice a week for an hour and a half. Here's the problem, I'm on intensive felony formal probation. I'm also registered as a habitual run away from around the time I was 16 where I was living in the streets constantly running away and getting arrested due to my drug usage. I was hoping maybe I could talk to my Probation Officer about any options. Please give me feed back and your opinions!

RE: Need information

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you have gone through a lot the past few years. Recovery is a lifelong process, and it sounds like you are trying be productive and focused with school and work as well as live in an environment that is supportive and not stressful. It takes a lot of strength and maturity to realize what is helpful and what is not. You seem to have great insight into your situation and are looking to explore safe, legal options. You mentioned hoping to talk to your probation officer, which sounds like a great start. Your probation officer would be able to explain some of your options based on what was court ordered. We, unfortunately, are not legal experts and cannot provide any legal advice or opinions on what to do. It sounds like you have a good idea about speaking to your probation officer as they may help shed more light onto what options are available to you.

If you would like to talk more about you situation to receive support or referrals to resources in your area, please consider calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Our chat service is currently not 24/7 and it best available during 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time (CST-USA), accessible through our website at www.1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you soon and wish you well.

Take care,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X