No announcement yet.

Me and my girlfriend want to run away to miami florida

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Me and my girlfriend want to run away to miami florida

    For a while now me and my girlfriend have been wanting to get away from our familys. We both go thru the same things with our parents alot of mental abuse i live in california she lives in New york her family completely treats her terrible such ass blaming her for thing she doesnt do and makes her cry as well as they are bipolar i go thru the same thing with my mom shes bipolar one second shes happy next second shes screaming at me and mostly my girlfriends family will do that to her she gets in trouble for things she doesnt even do and same with me we just want to get away i just turned 17 and shes gonna turn 16 soon i just wanna get away with her we have looked for places to stay looked up what we can do to get out looked up if we can leave legally and found out that we can but with both of our parents we know that they will not let us go especially her mom i just would like some answers if you have any we are in need of help and want to get out soon we both cant take it anymore

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes a great deal of courage to seek help. We are very sorry to hear that you and your girlfriend have been mentally abused at home. You don't deserve to be treated that way. Mental abuse is harder to prove but, you both have the right to report it. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource to explore more options that you have, they also provide information on how to transfer custody. It sounds like you both are thinking of leaving home. The easiest way to leave home would be with your parents permission. You could try asking another adult that you trust if they would speak to your parents for you. You may also want to consider looking into emancipation laws for your state. If you two decide to leave home without permission, your parents have the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return you home. Running away is not illegal, but if you decide to stay with a friend they could get charged with harboring a runaway. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

    We hope this response was helpful! We'd love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to support youth and families. Please click the link below to fill out our survey.

    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp