Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im 16 and my mom treats me like ******** and i want to move out

I live in kentucky and im 16 years old. My mother treats me like ******** and i domt wamt to live with her anymore but she wont let me just move out. What can i do to be able to move out? Ive tried talking to her. She blew up and cussed me like a dog

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and sharing your story with us. It sounds like things have been difficult at home and that you feel like you can’t live with your mother any longer. We are sorry to hear that you don’t feel respected and that you are unable to talk with her. It’s great that you are thinking about your options and reaching out for help in the process.

You said that you want to leave home but that your mother will not let you move out. If you are under the age of 18, you may want to think about whether or not your mother would file a runaway report if you leave home. While you won’t face legal consequences for running away, the person you stay with could potentially be charged with harboring a runaway. If you are preparing to leave home, you may also want to think about how you could financially support yourself or what resources in your community may be able to offer help and support. While the age of majority in Kentucky is 18, you can also consider if you had legal grounds for emancipation. The phone number for general intake in Kentucky is 1-866-452-9243 if you want to pursue this option. Depending on where you live, you can also search for youth advocacy groups that may be able to help you with this legal process. If you decide to stay at home for now, you may want to explore other options to help make living at home more tolerable such as support from another trusted adult or someone that can help mediate a conversation between you and your mom.

Again, it is great that you reached out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like your situation at home has been tough and it is great that you are reaching out for help. If you would like to talk more about your situation directly, or would like some additional help exploring other options, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us.

Best, NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X