No announcement yet.

Custody problems

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Custody problems

    I am 15 I live with my grandparents and I want to live with my mom but my grandmother has full legal custody. Is ther any way I can move in with my mom without my grandparents consent?

  • #2
    Hey there,

    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We are glad that you reached out to us about this issue and it takes a lot of courage to reach out to someone for help. Here at NRS, we are not considered legal experts but we are always glad to answer questions generally and can gladly refer you to the proper legal resources if you call our hotline number at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). With your current situation, a key point of information that we will need to help you with your question is what state you currently live in. Transferring custody can vary from state to state. With that being said, generally transferring custody involves a written form that is given by a court or other government agency that both parties will have to sign and agree to. We hope this information has been helpful and wish you the best of luck. Please feel free to call us anytime if you need further information. Good luck!
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp