X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to go live with grand parents

hi,
    so my mom and dad have been split up for as long as I can remember, when I was younger we had a good system where I saw both equally an that was that. But as I grew older I realized how much I disliked some of my dads habits and ended up drifting apart from him. So me and my dad aren’t exactly on good terms. So I live with I mom and it’s was good for a while but them a couple years ago she had another kid and we are 12 years apart. Also, my half-brother’s father now lives with us and I can’t stand him or his other two kids who are constantly coming over. And as the years went on me and my mom have just drifted apart and we never get along and are constantly arguing about everything. I just can’t stand it. I visit my grandmother once in awhile In Florida (I live in MA) and I talked to her about it and she said I could come live with her. But when I went to talk with my mom about it she’s automatically said no and se wot even think about it. I turn 16 in August and I read that you can legally move out without consent then. I was just wondering about any other legal issues that are present and things like that and make sure my grandmother wouldn’t get in trouble or anything like that. Can you help me out?

Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are overwhelmed with things at home and you would like to move in with your grandparents. We are not legal experts, so we cannot say what legal issues are present in your situation. You could try asking your grandparents to talk to your mom for you, they may be able to convince her to allow you to move in with them. Another option that you have is looking into emancipation laws for your state. You may want to consider speaking to a lawyer. We could look up local legal aid resources for you. Child Help (1-800-422-4453) is a great resource for information on how to transfer custody. We hope that this information helps, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat if you would like additional resources.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X