No announcement yet.

help please! ):

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • help please! ):

    I'm a 17 year old from texas and ranaway from my parents house due to being abused mentally and physically. 1 week later my mom reported me as a runaway and that I was at my boyfriends, 18, house. by the time they actually came here to talk to me over the ohone it was aboyt 2 weeks and then I returned home. no more than a week I was at my parents house I was abused worse than ever sobi left again and they knew exactly where. so when I left I stayed with a friend for a week and in that week my family all mived to Arizona leaving me here. a cop finally showed up and eventually said that they will have to drop charges because they're out of state. so its been about 2-3minths since I've lived with my boyfriend and now they're planning on moving back 50/50 chance, if they do, can my parents take me back?

  • #2
    re: help please! ):


    Thank you for reaching out to us and asking for help. It sounds like you have been going through a really difficult time with your parents and have been trying to deal with the abuse your parents have been giving you as best as you can. We are sorry to hear you have been mentally and physically abused – nobody deserves to be treated that way. We will do whatever we can to help you in your situation.

    We are not legal experts, but we could provide general legal information. At the age of 17, police tend to vary regarding whether or not they force a youth to return to their parents. They would probably take all of your circumstances into consideration before making a decision to return you or not return you to your parents. If your parents return to Texas and file a runaway report, it is possible, but not necessarily true that the police will try to take you home.

    The Department of Family & Protective Services agency in Texas might be able to provide you with more accurate legal information regarding your situation, their hotline number is 800-252-5400. The Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program aims to provide free legal services to residents of Harris County, their telephone number is 713-228-0732. Justice for Children Agency may also provide additional support, including legal information, regarding your situation, their number is 800-733-0059.

    It sounds like you have been trying to take care of yourself by staying at different friends’ places to avoid being returned to your family’s residence where you were abused. It is a positive step that you are reaching out to others to support you during this time. The Child Help USA hotline provides live counseling and support regarding child abuse, including information of how child abuse is identified and how it might be handled in your state (Texas) or any state. If you would like to speak with them, their number is 1-800-422-4453

    Again, we are really glad that you reached out to us. It takes a lot to ask for help and you are trying to figure out different variables in your situation, which is really good to see. If you would like to talk further about your situation, please do not hesitate to call or chat with us. We’re here to listen, here to help. Our hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at 1-800-786-2929. Our chat is available every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 CST.

    Stay strong,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp