16 in Hawai'i & longing to break free.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 in Hawai'i & longing to break free.

I'm looking for legal ways to move in with my 18 year old boyfriend besides emancipation as soon as he gets back from boot camp during the end of the school year. He'll then be able to support both of us and get our own apartment, car, and allow me to continue my schooling while advancing his as a reservist. My parents have joint custody over me and the court order says I have to spend half of every week having to go back and forth their house. I no longer follow that due to my father constantly bringing up that I should just stay at my mother's every time he cusses me out. I stay at my mother's now. I do not wish to stay at my mother or father's place because my father has another baby with his new wife and it's already crowded; he is also verbally and emotionally abusive and has been neglectful in my whole life that I've known him. My mother's boyfriend has threatened to kick me out more than a couple times. He does not want to see me at all and exclaims every time I go to my father's when I am locked out of the house that I should just stay there when my mother isn't around to hear. My mother tries to get me to stay every time I try to leave and I have expressed my feelings of being neglected my whole life and essentially being left over and a burden after both of my parents sought out to make new families. Instead, pretending she does not see why I break down every night, she has vowed to send me to another country to live with my relatives if I get any bad grades on my upcoming report card. I have average grades, I do not do drugs or anything illegal; this mistreatment is primarily because of the sole fact that I have a boyfriend, which they've met a few times. Bottom line is that I can't bare being tied down and forced to merely exist where I clearly am not wanted. I have reached the point of not eating as to not risk going out of my room with my mom's boyfriend at home. I just want to be able to continue my schooling here and prosper with my boyfriend. I am also willing to consider any other options on where I can stay besides relatives because I have none here to be able to focus on my school.

Reply: 16 in Hawai'i & longing to break free.#1

Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).
    We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time.
    You don’t deserve to be abused by anyone. Certainly what is happening is not your fault.
    It sounds like you would like to move away and live with your boyfriend but that will take some time.
    We understand that this situation has been a frustrating one for you. It is however important that you continue to take care of yourself. We would be glad to explore some options with you as you have done a fine job reaching out to NRS.
    We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

We hope that this information is helpful to you! We’d love to hear what you think about your experience with the National Runaway Safeline (NRS). If you have a moment, please click the link below our signature line to fill out a quick survey.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X