Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 And running away with best friend whos 18 and hes basically a mom

Im 14, and running away from my home. My mom has bad mental health issues and doesnt act like a mom, more like an annoying room-mate.. my grandma is verbaly and emotionally abusive and i cant stand living with them, they've drove me to suicide many times.. Anything i should know? And yes my 18 year old friend is trustable, i've known him for a while and hes been through the same thing. Hes getting a house asap and i'll be living with him there.

Hey there, thanks for posting! Sounds like home is super hard with your mom’s mental health issues and your grandma being abusive. We are here to help.
    Since you are not a legal adult, your mom can file a runaway report on you with police and if they come into contact with you or find you, they usually take you back home. If you feel home is unsafe and you tell them that, child protective services will likely be contacted to determine if you living there is safest. You can also contact Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or childhelp.org for more info on abuse.
    It is not a crime for you to runaway but anyone 18 or older—like your friend—can get in trouble for harboring a runaway if your mom presses those charges, so that is something to be aware of! Police stations handle harboring charges differently everywhere so if you want to, you can call us and we can conference call to the local police and ask anonymously how they deal with harboring charges.
    Home sounds really unsafe for your mental health too as you mentioned your mom and grandma driving you to suicide. We want you to be safe so if you ever feel that way again call or live chat 24/7 with the national suicide prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

We are here to help 24/7 by phone, email, and on live chat through our website so feel free to reach out anytime via the site or at 1-800-786-2929.

Best of luck and stay safe!
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X