Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i feel like i need to leave my house for my own safty.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I live with my father and his sick girlfriend. I do everything in my house. I cook, I clean, I do absolutely everything that a mother does. I take care of the sick lady as well. I am far too nice to deny her demands. My biological mother lives with my grandparents but is not financially stable to rent her own place. My grandparents are not willing to take me. I really want to be with my mother because living here has caused me depression and anxiety. Is there a way for my mother to get some type of help financially? She doesn’t know good english so she can’t ever find a normal paying job. The job she has is barely once a week and she makes enough to pay off her phone and car bill. I am a student and I work but because of school i do not have enough to be on my own or to even help out someone with rent.

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for reaching out to us here at NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step. It sounds like you have a lot of responsibility at home, and we're sorry to hear that it's causing you depression and anxiety. It can definitely be overwhelming to have to take care of so many different things, all while juggling school and a job. We commend you for all that you're doing, and for recognizing that you need more support.

While we don't have any specific resources available to connect your mother with financial help (our resources are mostly geared toward assisting minors), it might be a good idea to see if she qualifies for any help through your state to help cover food and shelter expenses. It might also be helpful to see if there are any local organizations that work with individuals who don't speak English as their first language and need some support in getting on their feet. This might look like offering help to navigate the system and get more resources, assistance in learning English, finding a job, etc.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about your situation or continue to explore some options, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X