Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running away with my Grandmother from my father!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away with my Grandmother from my father!

I'm 13 and moved with my Father a couple of years ago. He is a horrible l jerk. I don't want to get on about him. The point is My grandmother and me have had a enough of his bull********. We're planning to run away to one of my uncle's who has a apartment a couple hours of away from where we live.
    He won't allow it as he barley can get off his fatass to use the bathroom. What could be the legal trouble in all of this. Because we don't want to die.

Hello,
    I hear that you are struggling! Your father sounds like he is a lot of trouble for you and your grandmother. There are not a lot of details in your post but let’s look at some options!
    It sounds like you have a lot of family on your side. Your Grandmother and Uncle are making sure you are safe and have somewhere to stay. Ideally, your father would say this is ok and give temporary guardianship to Grandma and Uncle so you could stay there for a while and get the space that you need.
    You didn’t state that you are getting hurt in any way, but I do want to make sure that you are safe. If you are concerned for your safety staying with your father, please call 1-800-422-4453 or go to the website childhelp.org. You can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or go to our website and chat us.
    We are not legal experts, but we can talk generally about what were to happen if you were to leave home. Your father has the option to file a runaway report for you with your local police department. It’s not illegal to run away, most likely they will find you and bring you home. Since you will be staying with someone over 18, they have the potential with facing legal “harboring a runaway” which is a misdemeanor. Just something to be aware of.
    Like I said, your safety is number one and if you want to talk more specifics about your situation for resources, don’t hesitate to chat us or call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY.
    We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X