17 runaway while on probation.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 runaway while on probation.

What legal issues do I face running away while on probation and leaving the state of Florida?. And would the person I'm going to stay with get in trouble? What happened when I turn 18 in November?

Thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you’re wanting to leave home and are wondering what the potential consequences are. Unfortunately we are not legal experts, so we are unable to give you a clear answer on what would happen following your 18th birthday. We do know that if you are on probation there may be serious consequences for running away while on probation. There is a possibility that someone you stay with could be charged with harboring a runaway. If you have a caseworker, they may be able to give you a better idea of what the outcome of running away might be.
    We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m Being Threatened and Told I Have To Miss School From A Missing Item 2 Years Ago & There’s A Chance My Dad Might Physically Abuse Me What Do I Do?

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there, thanks for reaching out today.

You mentioned being threatened and you think you might get hurt, if you are feeling like you are in immediate danger please call 911. Your safety is our number one priority. You might also try to make a safety plan, so if you do need to leave immediately, planning for where you would go that is nearby, how you would get out of the house, and having a backpack backed with things you would need in the short-term.

You might have other options including reporting the abuse or looking for alternative living arrangements depending on the details of your situation. If you would like to talk in detail about what is going on and how we can help please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us at www,1800runaway.org. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X