Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran away from my foster home

My foster home is very unhealthy, the other foster girls bully me everyday. This morning I woke up and grabbed whatever I could and ran away. The problem is im 15 and i think I might be pregnant. I dont know where to go or what to do and im scared. I cant go back to the house. What do I do i have no money and Im really cold and hungry. What do I do next?

Hi there,
    Thanks for posting on our forum. It sounds like things are really overwhelming for you right now. We’re so sorry you’re in such a dangerous situation. We want to help you the best we can.
    It sounds like your priority at this time is finding a safe place to go and getting something to eat. We might be able to help you find a shelter or a safe place. We’d be able to help you find one and even call out on your behalf if you were able to contact us directly. You can do that by email ([email protected]) or if you called us a 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you called, we could call the shelter with you and ask them about the intake process together. If you wanted, you could use www.safeplace.org to find a safe place to go in the meantime.
    Since you mentioned you might be pregnant, it might be beneficial to find a store and get a pregnancy test. They are typically $10-20. There might also be an option for you to go to a free clinic to get tested as well. If you are pregnant, clinics will talk to you about your options. If you wanted to call us directly, we’d be able to help you find something like that in your area. If you wanted to locate one yourself, you could call Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526.
    We’re so sorry you were being bullied at your foster home. If you think it would be productive, you could try contacting you caseworker for help. If you wanted, you could try to call us and we could conference call with your caseworker about what’s been happening at the foster home.
    Please stay safe. If you feel threatened or unsafe, please call 911. We’re available here 24/7.
    Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X