No announcement yet.

I'm 18 and I want to move out of my parents place

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble at home. It sounds like you want to move out of your parents home and get your own place. In most states, once a person turns 18 they can leave home without their parents permission. You could try asking another family member or friend if they would allow you to stay with them until you can afford to live on your own. You could try applying for housing assistance through the HUD program ( You may also want to consider looking into local transitional living programs. If you would like additional resources, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic I'm 18 and I want to move out of my parents place

    I'm 18 and I want to move out of my parents place

    Okay so I'm 18 and I just want to move out into my own place.. i just want to run away from my parents house and come back when I have things figured out, I've recently been withdrawn from my college because I failed one of my classes (upgrading class).
    as well as my parents constantly nagging me to pay room and bored, for my medication and cellphone bill even though I've got a job I can only work 4 times a month at most if I'm lucky..
    I need some help, I'm lost and I really have no idea what to do about these things...
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp