No announcement yet.

I want to live with my grandparents

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod3
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you’ve been going through such a tough time, but we are here to support you and help you in any way we can. We want you to know that no one deserves to be treated that way, and you should not have to go through that. If you ever feel that you are in danger, you could call 911 for immediate help.

    Usually, if youth are hit often to the point where there are bruises, that will be considered child abuse. If you haven’t already, you could consider reporting the abuse you’ve been experiencing. If you want more information about abuse reporting or if you want to file a report, you could call Child Help at 1-800-422-4453 or you could call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online. In the meantime, you could consider taking pictures of your bruises so you have proof of what has been going on.

    If you haven’t already, you could also consider reaching out to a trusted adult, relative, worker/teacher/counselor at your school for help and support.

    There are also many resources that could help you find a safe place if you’re in need, talk through what’s been going on, or help you with anything else you may need. If you want to talk more about what’s been going on, or if you would like more information about resources, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929) or chat with us online.

    Again, thank you or contacting us. It sounds like you’ve been going through a really hard time, but you’ve shown a lot of strength by working through these challenges and reaching out for help. If you ever need anything in the future, please feel free to call us or chat with us online. We’re always here to listen and here to help.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic I want to live with my grandparents

    I want to live with my grandparents

    I am 15 years old (will be 16 in August) and I live with my mom in Louisiana. My dad is a recovering alcoholic and is not able to support me so living with him isn't really a choice. My mom can financially support me but she yells at me every single day. Last February my mom and I got into a physical altercation over me not giving her my phone. She hit me first and I was just defending myself. I am not normally a violent person. Then just a few days ago she was yelling at me at normal and threatened to take money out of my bank account again that my money from my job goes into because "its a fine for having an attitude" so far she has taken $5. But i replied that that was stealing and she said give me your phone. So i gave her my phone and she said to unlock and i said no. She said fine im going to get the belt. She counted to three and if i didnt unlock it she would hit me. I didnt unlock atleast 6 times and so she continued to hit me. Then i called her psycho and she hit me again. From this is have large bruises on my leg and a light but bigger than regular bruise on my elbow. Is this considered child abuse? I am tired of this insane behavior and getting yelled at all the time. And this time i draw the line because she left bruises. I want to move out very bad and my grandparents that also live in Louisiana are willing to take me in. Would the court allow this since they would be able to take care of me ?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp