No announcement yet.

17 year old boyfriend wants to run away

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that your boyfriend is having a rough time with his mom. In the state of California, a person cannot leave home without their parents permission until they turn 18. If your boyfriend were to runaway from home, his mom has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find him they would return him home. If he decided to stay with you, your parents could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. However, since he is so close to turning 18 the police may not accept a runaway for him. He could contact his local police through their non emergency phone to see if they accept runaway reports for 17 1/2 year old's. If he doesn't feel comfortable calling the police, we could contact them for him. Your boyfriend could also try asking his mom if she would allow him to stay with his grandmother. If you or your boyfriend have any other questions, please contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

    Leave a comment:

  • Guest
    Guest started a topic 17 year old boyfriend wants to run away

    17 year old boyfriend wants to run away


    My 17 year old boyfriend is going through a really rough time with his mom right now and is considering running away. He at first thought about moving in with his grandmother, but, he knows that will be the first place his mom looks. I suggested that he come stay with me and my parents. I’m also 17, turning 18 in one month. My boyfriend will be turning 18 in four months. We both live in California. If he were to runaway to my home, will his mom be able to press charges for my parents and I housing him?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp