No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help

    Im going to be eighteen in two months and i dont want to live with my mother because shes making poor choices, is it legal for me to live with another relative without her consent even though im not eighteen yet? Im from arizona.

  • #2
    Thank you for contacting National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you want to move out because you don't agree with your mother's decisions. We are not legal experts, but from what we know if you are under 18 you need your parents consent in order to leave home. You could try asking another family member if they would talk to your mother for you. If you decide to leave home without her permission, she has the right to file a runaway report. With a runaway report, if the police find you they would return home. If you were to stay with another family member, they could get in trouble for harboring a runaway. However, since you are so close to turning 18 the police may not accept a runaway report for you. You could contact your local police through their non emergency number to ask about their runaway policy. If you don't feel comfortable calling them, we could contact them for you. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp