Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Home Unannounced at 20 with Mild to Moderate Special Needs

I am a twenty-year-old woman living in the state of Washington, who has mild to moderate special needs. Family members at home who I live with and are all at least middle aged adults are being very angry as well as verbally mean to one another including me. None of my various adult family members who I live with have guardianship over me, though one has partial power of attorney of my health. This has been really upsetting and I was initially told that people were acting this way due to stress from the holidays. However now that is clearly not the case. There is an older man I met online that I have been good friends with for a little over two years who I would like to stay with for a while down in southern California. We met through a gaming website forum and have a lot of shared ideologies as well as hobbies. He is on the same page as me about what is going on and is willing to help me take a break from my family members. What I am concerned about is he or I getting in trouble with the law. My family will most likely get in contact with law enforcement. I do plan on bringing all my medications as well as possibly my CPAP machine.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a tough situation and are unsure of where to turn. We are not legal experts, but if you give us a call we could connect you with legal aid or possibly speak more to your situation. We can be reached 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We want you to know that you deserve to feel safe in your home. We're glad that you have someone that you can turn to but understand your wanting to make sure you know your legal rights. Don't hesitate to call so we can get you the resources that you need.

Good luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X