Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 and want to run away

I'm 14 and I want to run away. Unlike most people on these forums, I have not been abused, assaulted, etc. My life has been so boring. We never leave home even though my parents and definitely afford it, and I don't even feel like my life has even started yet. Also, it feels like my parents have been controlling every part of my life since I was born... today when my parents told me they was giving my cat away I was crushed. Anyways, please. Give me your opinion. I want to explore the world, meet new people, and be the writer of my own story. Thank you.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We're here to support and to help no matter what someone's situation may be.

If you want to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we could help walk you through your options and what you think would be best for you to do in your situation. We are not legal experts but a couple of things to think about would be that because you are still a minor, if you run away and your parents file a report, you could be returned home. Another thing would be that while running away is not a crime, there could be legal consequences for whomever you stay with for what is called harboring a runaway. Again, don't hesitate to give us a call if you need support or a listening ear.

Best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I’m sorta in the same situation like you except I also am verbally bullied quite often at school and have no real friends.
      Last edited by ccsmod7; 01-12-2018, 03:06 PM. Reason: identifying information

Comment

• ccsmod7
        ccsmod7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello there thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience with other youth. That is pretty brave of you. It sounds like you are going through a whole lot with having problems at home and being bullied at school. That sounds really isolating and you deserve to be supported through this difficult time.

If you haven't already, you might start thinking about getting adults involved at school such as your parents, a teacher, or a school counselor. Bullying can be really hurtful and it is never okay, so you might try to reach out for help. You might also start thinking about your own self care and things that are in your control, such as having hobbies that help you relax or bring you joy. If you are interested in talking to someone about what you are going through, we have a national database of low to no cost counseling resources here at NRS. We would be happy to look for local mental health resources for you if you call or chat us. You can also always call us here at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you would like to talk to someone about what you are going through. You are not alone and we truly want to help.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best in the new year,

NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X