Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Im 16) Need Help Running away from the country. Desperit help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Im 16) Need Help Running away from the country. Desperit help!

Ok so about a year back from now i was in america and was told that i had to travel to Cameroon(were i am currently). I never had thoughts of running away because they describe the place so nice. They said the schools were nice and i would live in a dorm school.(i had an american image). Now ive been here for a year and I just cant stand the place or the schools. Its not fun being the only american in the class and having a bunch of little kids mock your accent. I left after i finish my freshman year and i wanna continue as a junior in america. My parents said i have to school here for 2 more years until I pass my GCE kinda like SAT's i guess. Right now im living with my mom. My dad is in america and hes trying to come here too. The 2 weeks before i left america my dad told me the bank has to take the house back and he has no money to pay all the money he owns. So he shipped me first and hes coming here after he gets enough money for another trip. The thing thats unfair is that he said he will be doing business from Cameroon to America, travelling back and forth so he can gain money for the family. But he said he wont take me. That was a brief story but my problem is leaving Cameroon. I have a brother in america who may offer to take care of me and if not i have friends. If i end up on the streets ill try my best to survive. Ive been trying to call the American embassy to see what they could do but I haven't been able to reach anyone. I dont want to apply to another school here. Its depressing and annoying. Ive told them that Ive been trying to call the embassy but they dont seem to care that much. They only ask "ok, well were will you go? Were will you live?" But idk or care atm. I JUST WANNA LEAVE and see my old friends again.

re: (Im 16) Need Help Running away from the country. Desperit help!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult situation. We are here to help you in any way that we can. You mentioned that you traveled to Cameroon about a year ago and are living with your mom, but want to come back to America to finish school and stay with your brother/ or friends. It sounds like a very frustrating situation and you do not deserve to be in this position. It sounds like you are looking through your options which is great. You also mentioned that your parents want you to stay in school for two more years until you pass your GCE. After this is complete did they mention that you could come back to America? You do have options and we are here to explore them with you.

We are unsure of the laws in your country, however, in America the legal age to leave home ranges between ages 17 and 18 depending on your city/state. A resource that may be helpful for you is Defense for Children. This organization is an independent grassroots and human rights-based non-governmental organization that promotes and protects human rights of children on a global, regional, and national level. You can find more information on their website: http://www.defenceforchildren.org/. If you want to give us a call we can talk through your options and explore your situation more in depth we are here 24/7 and are confidential. You can reach us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a chat function on our website: 1800runaway.org and are available from 4:30-11:30 pm CST.

Good luck,

NRS.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Country escape

Yea my dad said once i pass my GCE ill to back to America and live with my brother. Once school starts ill be going to a college dormitory school in NJ.(state i was in before i left) but im not waiting for my GCE. Here is a big headache.

Comment

re: re: (Im 16) Need Help Running away from the country. Desperit help!

Hi there again,

It sounds like you're interested in getting back to the states to see your friends and go back to the life that you had before. That makes so much sense. It seems like there is a potential way for you to get back to the states, but that is not something that you are interested in waiting for. Thinking through who you might be able to reach out to in order to get the support that you deserve might be a good next step for you. It's good to reach out to us and you also reached out to the embassy. It sounds like you're comfortable fighting to the support that you're looking for.

Please take a look at the resource that we provided in the previous post and see if they are able to provide you with some support.

Good luck to you,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X