move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move out

I want to move out of my moms, I'm done with this, she's always yelling at me, we fight constantly she doesn't believe me. My dad too but my dad easier going. She believes everything someone else says before me. She took my phone because she said I started drama and was being messy when 2 girls fought but I literally only talk to my boyfriend. She said I can't even be in the front of the house or the garage and she thinks I snuck my boyfriend in the house because that's what someone told her, she wouldn't even let me talk. I'm done with her bull******** and I just need to get away from her, I've talked to her about how I feel she gets mad. I've talked to a therapist and everything I just need to leave. She's too frustrating. February 15th I tried to kill myself because of the stress and drama from everyone INCLUDING my parents

Re: move out

Hey,

Thank you so much for contacting us. We’re here to support you the best that we can. It sounds like you are really going through a difficult time right now.

You shared that you tried to kill yourself on February 15th. This is a really scary thing to have gone through. Is ending your life still something that you think about today? It sounds like you have got some support from your boyfriend, which is really good to hear. There is another hotline that may be able to provide you some support through thoughts of ending your life: The National Suicide Hotline (800) 273 TALK (8255). They also have a chat program if you prefer to talk online, at suicidepreventionlifeline.org.

It sounds like your mom has been causing you a lot of stress, because she does not believe the things that you say, and it makes it really hard to communicate. Your feelings are completely understandable. You shared that you have tried to talk to a therapist and you have tried to talk to your mom directly as well. It sounds like you have really been putting in an effort to see some change and it just hasn’t been working. It’s got to be hard.

You shared that you just need to leave. You know what’s best for you, and we’re not here to change your mind. You are the one in this situation, experiencing it daily. We’re here to help keep you safe in what you decide for yourself as far as next steps. Do you think that you just need a few days away from home, or are you thinking of leaving permanently?

There are a few things that can be helpful to think through while making your decision:

Do I have a place to stay?
    What about school? Would I continue to get an education?
    What would I do for money? Shelter? Food? Transportation?
    Who can I depend on if I leave home?
    Do I have a safe, solid plan?
    What is my plan b in case my first plan doesn’t work?
    What have I done to make things better at home?
    What can I do to make things better at home?
    Who have I reached out to make things better at home?

We’re here to talk through whatever you may need to discuss. If you are in need of a place to go, we can help identify what the safest place to be is with you. Please do not hesitate to call or chat with us, we’re here 24/7.

Best of luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X